List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick Nelson Date:May 31 2002 7:02pm
Subject:RE: SSH & Replication
View as plain text
Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
----------------->>>>
>Does MySQL have any facility for using SSH to tunnel ports for use in
>replication? Has anyone implemented anything like this?
>We can't just assume if we create an SSH tunnel manually that the
>connection will stay up.

There was an excellent piece in August 2001's Sysadmin, that described
just that - for an intrusion detection system - but the principals remain
the same.
Unfortunately, it's not been published online:
http://sysadminmag.com/articles/2001/0108/

"Distributed Intrusion Detection with Open Source Tools   Jason Chan

Chan presents an example of an intrusion detection system comprising open
source tools such as Snort, OpenSSL, Stunnel, and MySQL. "

I remember that Stunnel is used to provide the tunneling and looking at
that site,
there's a complete example available:
http://www.stunnel.org/examples/mysql.html

Although I have not done this, couldn't you could use ssh port forwarding?

then use

mysql -h <local host> -P <local port>

Thread
SSH & ReplicationMark.Andrachek31 May
  • Re: SSH & ReplicationMelvyn Sopacua31 May
RE: SSH & ReplicationPatrick Nelson31 May