List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arul Date:May 30 2002 4:46am
Subject:Alternate to varchar2
View as plain text
Hi All

I am trying to port my oracle Databse to mysql.
I am using 3.23.49 version of mysql.

i had certain columns in oracle which had varchar2(900)

But in mysql varchar doesnt support more than 255

so what could be the alternate in this case..

Can i use Blob or text..But again if i use blob and if i use a like
condition in my query , it would be a performance problem.

Could anyone suggest a solution for this

Regards,
-Arul

Thread
MySQL Update Query with a JoinJoe Cherner30 May
  • Alternate to varchar2Arul30 May
    • Re: Alternate to varchar2Dan Nelson30 May
  • Re: Alternate to varchar2Arul30 May