List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:May 24 2002 2:30pm
Subject:Re: Newbie--Easy data loading question
View as plain text
Because mysql needs 'rx' permissions to read and search the directory.
 755 should have been sufficient.

Menard, Inc. Information Systems wrote:

>I figured it out but I'm a bit confused as to why it happened.
>I'm running the load as user1. The file resides at /home/user1/data/filename
>Permissions:
>filename 666
>data 777
>user1 700
>
>I had to change permissions on user1 to 777 in order for it to work. If I'm
>logged in as that user, why would I have to do that???

Thread
Newbie--Easy data loading questionInc. Information Systems Menard24 May
  • RE: Newbie--Easy data loading questionJay Blanchard24 May
    • RE: Newbie--Easy data loading questionInc. Information Systems Menard24 May
      • RE: Newbie--Easy data loading questionInc. Information Systems Menard24 May
        • Re: Newbie--Easy data loading questionGerald Clark27 May
        • Re: Newbie--Easy data loading questionAndrew Lietzow27 May
        • RE: Newbie--Easy data loading questionSlawomir Duda27 May