List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 26 1999 8:40pm
Subject:Re: how can MySQL be restarted automatically on virtual serve?
View as plain text

Sasha> Verle Harrison wrote:

>> Hi folks:
>>
>> I am using MySQL 3.22.13b running on Solaris.  I am on a virtual server and I
>> own MySQL, I installed it from a binary distribution and it runs in my space.
>>
>> I would like it to restart when ever the real server box is restarted.  I
>> provided my hosting company with the startup string I use to restart MySQL. All
>> paths in the string are full paths.  They tell me that they can't get it to
>> restart automatically, even though they put the line in their start up file.
>>
>> Surely this is possible, can anyone give me a suggestion?

Sasha> Can you send us your /etc/rc.d/ stuff pertaining to mysql along with all
Sasha> the paths. There is probably something stupid they are doing, like not
Sasha> putting the correct links to the start-up in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d or
Sasha> something else of a similar nature. That's why I don't like messing with
Sasha> virutual servers, sometimes you just what to have root access and not
Sasha> have to beg some else about doing something simple.

Sasha> --
Sasha> Sasha Pachev
Sasha> http://www.sashanet.com

Hi!

You should be able to use the mysql.server script in the 'bin'
directory of your MySQL binary version!

You only have to change the path '/usr/local/mysql' to point to your
mysql installation.

You can yourself test this by doing 'mysql.server start' and
'mysql.server stop' !

The installation should look something like this:

((/)) ls -l /etc/rc3.d/S99mysql
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other          24 Mar  2 08:44 /etc/rc3.d/S99mysql ->
/etc/init.d/mysql.server

Yours,
Monty

*************** Warning commercial signature follows **********
If you like TCX's concept of a 'mostly free' database and free
advice, you should at least CONSIDER supporting us that we can
afford to keep this service up.   http://www.mysql.com/

Thread
how can MySQL be restarted automatically on virtual serve?(Verle Harrison)26 Mar
  • Re: how can MySQL be restarted automatically on virtual serve?Sasha Pachev26 Mar
    • Re: how can MySQL be restarted automatically on virtual serve?Michael Widenius28 Mar
  • how can MySQL be restarted automatically on virtual serve?Michael Widenius26 Mar