List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick Hsieh Date:May 22 2002 7:52am
Subject:Re: MySQL on iSCSI or IPSAN?
View as plain text
Hello Dan Nelson <dnelson@stripped>,

Is there any lock problem on iSCSI or SAN environment?
Say, mutliple mysql server mount the backend iSCSI or SAN storage device.
Is it safe?

On Fri, 17 May 2002 12:49:01 -0500
Dan Nelson <dnelson@stripped> wrote:

> In the last episode (May 18), Patrick Hsieh said:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > How does MySQL support iSCSI or IPSAN infrastructure?
>
> MySQL does not care.  Your OS handles access to devices.  As long as
> your OS can put a filesytem on it, MySQL will use it.
>
> > Is it wise to put MySQL data in iSCSI or IPSAN storage appliance?
>
> As long as your hardware is stable I don't see it as any different from
> a Fibre-channel SAN.
>
> --
> 	Dan Nelson
> 	dnelson@stripped

Patrick Hsieh <pahud@stripped>
GPG public key http://pahud.net/pubkeys/pahudatpahud.gpg

Thread
MySQL on iSCSI or IPSAN?Patrick Hsieh17 May
  • Re: MySQL on iSCSI or IPSAN?Dan Nelson17 May
    • Re: MySQL on iSCSI or IPSAN?Patrick Hsieh22 May
      • Re: MySQL on iSCSI or IPSAN?Jeremy Zawodny23 May
        • Re: MySQL on iSCSI or IPSAN?Dan Nelson23 May
          • Re: MySQL on iSCSI or IPSAN?Patrick Hsieh23 May