List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 26 1999 8:43pm
Subject:RE: Length of Database name field inconsistent
View as plain text
>>>>> "Tauren" == Tauren Mills <tauren@stripped> writes:

Tauren> I just tried to upgraded my to 3.22.20 on my RedHat 5.2 linux installation
Tauren> from 3.22.13.  Here is what happened:

Tauren> [root@s1 packages]# rpm -Uvh MySQL-3.22.20a-1.i386.rpm
Tauren> /usr/bin/mysqlbug conflicts with file from MySQL-client-3.22.13-beta-1
Tauren> error: MySQL-3.22.20a-1.i386.rpm cannot be installed
Tauren> [root@s1 packages]# rpm -Uvh MySQL-client-3.22.20a-1.i386.rpm
Tauren> /usr/bin/mysqlbug conflicts with file from MySQL-3.22.13-beta-1
Tauren> error: MySQL-client-3.22.20a-1.i386.rpm cannot be installed

Tauren> So I did this:

Tauren> [root@s1 packages]# rpm -Uvhi --replacefiles
Tauren> MySQL-client-3.22.20a-1.i386.rpm
Tauren> [root@s1 packages]# rpm -Uvh MySQL-3.22.20a-1.i386.rpm

Tauren> And things seemed to install properly.

Tauren> BUT...  The mysql database itself didn't get changed.  The database name
Tauren> field is still 32 characters, not 64.  Do I need to uninstall MySQL and then
Tauren> reinstall it to really upgrade?  If so, what is the easiest way to preserve
Tauren> the users/hosts/databases in the mysql tables?  Should I just alter the
Tauren> tables manually?  Or are there other field definitions that have changed
Tauren> too?

Tauren> Thanks,
Tauren> Tauren

Hi!

You should have got a script called 'mysql_fix_privilege_tables'

If you run this, it will upgrade your MySQL privilege tables!

mysql_fix_privilege_tables 'password-for-the-mysql-root-user'

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Length of Database name field inconsistentTauren Mills20 Mar
  • Re: Length of Database name field inconsistentPaul DuBois20 Mar
    • RE: Length of Database name field inconsistentTauren Mills20 Mar
      • RE: Length of Database name field inconsistentPaul DuBois20 Mar
        • RE: Length of Database name field inconsistentTauren Mills20 Mar
RE: Length of Database name field inconsistentTauren Mills26 Mar
  • RE: Length of Database name field inconsistentMichael Widenius28 Mar
Re: Length of Database name field inconsistentEd Carp28 Mar