List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:May 20 2002 2:44pm
Subject:Re: Remote admin of MySQL from Win 2K
View as plain text
It is asking for myslq's root password, not the su password.
If you have not set it yet, skip the -p option.

Todd Cary wrote:

>YES!  I was missing something: Telnet!!  I can log in *BUT* I am unable to
>change the MySQL password.
>
>mysqladmin -h www.myhost.org -u root -p password 'new_password' asks me for the
>password and when I use the root password (su password), I get Access Denied.
>
>Todd
>
>--
>Todd Cary
>Ariste Software
>2200 D Street Extension
>Petaluma, CA 94952
>707-773-4523
>todd@stripped

Remote admin of MySQL from Win 2KTodd Cary17 May
  • Re: Remote admin of MySQL from Win 2KTodd Cary17 May
RE: Remote admin of MySQL from Win 2KLuc Foisy17 May
Re: Remote admin of MySQL from Win 2KNick Stuart17 May
RE: Remote admin of MySQL from Win 2KLuc Foisy17 May
  • Re: Remote admin of MySQL from Win 2KTodd Cary17 May
RE: Remote admin of MySQL from Win 2KLuc Foisy17 May
Re: Remote admin of MySQL from Win 2KTodd Cary18 May
Re: Remote admin of MySQL from Win 2KTodd Cary19 May
Re: Remote admin of MySQL from Win 2KGerald Clark20 May
  • RE: Remote admin of MySQL from Win 2K.ben20 May
Re: Remote admin of MySQL from Win 2KTodd Cary20 May