List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 26 1999 8:59pm
Subject:Limiting the number of children
View as plain text
>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Gray <cgray@stripped> writes:

Christopher> Is there a way to limit the number of children that mysqld spawns?  Every
> once in a
Christopher> while, I'll see child processes (up to 10, in one case) when I know that
> the mysql
Christopher> server is not being used.

Christopher> Are the child processes supposed to die off after a while, or is there a
> way to limit
Christopher> the number of processes that are spawned?

Christopher> Thanks,

Christopher> Chris

Hi!

The MySQL child will automaticly die as soon as there is no connection
to it!

You can check this with 'mysqladmin processlist'

Regards,
Monty

Thread
Limiting the number of childrenChristopher Gray26 Mar
  • Re: Limiting the number of childrenChristian Mack27 Mar
  • Limiting the number of childrenMichael Widenius28 Mar