List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 26 1999 8:59pm
Subject:Limiting the number of children
View as plain text
>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Gray <cgray@stripped> writes:

Christopher> Is there a way to limit the number of children that mysqld spawns?  Every
> once in a
Christopher> while, I'll see child processes (up to 10, in one case) when I know that
> the mysql
Christopher> server is not being used.

Christopher> Are the child processes supposed to die off after a while, or is there a
> way to limit
Christopher> the number of processes that are spawned?

Christopher> Thanks,

Christopher> Chris

The MySQL child will automaticly die as soon as there is no connection
to it!

You can check this with 'mysqladmin processlist'

Limiting the number of childrenChristopher Gray26 Mar
  • Re: Limiting the number of childrenChristian Mack27 Mar
  • Limiting the number of childrenMichael Widenius28 Mar