List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Procter Date:March 28 1999 5:48pm
Subject:mySQL/ODBC/Microsft Access problems
View as plain text
Can somebody please help with a basic mysql/Access problem I am having with
regard to getting newly inserted rows to display correctly in Access when
first saved.  thanks:-

I am in the beginnings of setting up an ODBC connection between mysql
(running under LINUX on my ISP's machine) and Microsoft Access 97 (running
on my local windows 95 pc).

I have read the mysql manual (without finding the answer to this problem)
and have managed to successfully get a basic table setup and the table
linked into Access.  The table is defined as shown below.  I am using
myodbc.dll version 2.50.2200.  In the odbc setup, "return matching rows" is
set.

	create table test4 (
		textfield text,
		timestampfield timestamp,
		primkeyintfield int unsigned not null auto_increment primary key);

	alter table test4 add index (primkeyintfield);

I then insert a row into the table from my Access Table window, only
filling out the textfield field.  I then save it.  If I then select the row
at the backend using mysql I can see that it has successfully inserted both
the timestampfield and primkeyintfield.  However Access simply displays the
row as follows:
	#Deleted	#Deleted	#Deleted

If I close my Access Table window and re-open it the row is displayed
correctly.  So why didn't it display it correctly when first saved away?

Please send any help to steve@stripped - I would be most grateful!

regards
steve procter

Dive Today Magazine
mailto:steve@stripped
http://www.divetoday.com

Thread
mySQL/ODBC/Microsft Access problemsSteve Procter28 Mar
Re: mySQL/ODBC/Microsft Access problemsEd Carp29 Mar
  • Re: mySQL/ODBC/Microsft Access problemsMichael Widenius29 Mar
    • Re: mySQL/ODBC/Microsft Access problemsSteve Procter29 Mar