List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:May 18 2002 11:05am
Subject:Re: MyISAM -> Innodb
View as plain text
Hi!

> I am getting real interested too. :) I took a look at the manual, but I
did
> not see answers to a simple question like whether innodb files are
> compatible (query-wise) with MyISAM tables, for instance, or whether I
need
> to rewrite all queries. Perhaps a guru here could explain this.

Yes, InnoDB tables are query-wise identical to MyISAM tables. You can also
mix different table types in a single SQL statement, for example a join.

In performance there is some fluctuation due to different optimizations.
Also, InnoDB tables take more disk space, and COUNT(*) of a table is slower,
because InnoDB does not store the row count internally.

> - Mark

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
Order technical MySQL/InnoDB support at https://order.mysql.com/
See http://www.innodb.com for the online manual and latest news on InnoDB

Thread
MyISAM -> InnodbEdilson Vasconcelos de Melo Junior18 May
Re: MyISAM -> InnodbSherzod Ruzmetov18 May
  • Re: MyISAM -> InnodbMark18 May
Re: MyISAM -> InnodbSherzod Ruzmetov18 May
Re: MyISAM -> InnodbSherzod Ruzmetov18 May
  • Re: MyISAM -> InnodbDan Nelson18 May
  • Re: MyISAM -> InnodbRichard Clarke18 May
Re: MyISAM -> InnodbHeikki Tuuri18 May