List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brad Teale Date:May 17 2002 5:42pm
Subject:RE: Real-time data warehousing
View as plain text
We have used the predecessor to the OTL for many of our apps and were
planning to use the OTL for the new system.  I thought the OTL used ODBC to
make its connection with databases other than Oracle.  I know the OTL
supports Oracle natively.

Sadly we cannot move to Linux.  We managed to get our web servers on Linux,
but the big iron will always be Sun here (Company policy).  There has been
talk of getting Oracle 9i? because Oracle has told us it is much faster, but
we are not holding our breath.

Thanks,
Brad Teale