List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brad Teale Date:May 17 2002 3:49pm
Subject:Real-time data warehousing
View as plain text
We are warehousing real-time data.  The data is received at up to T1 speeds,
and is broken up and stored into the database in approximately 25 different
tables.  Currently MySQL is doing terrific, we are using MyISAM tables and
are storing 24 hours worth of data but we don't have any users and we need
to store 72 hours worth of data.

Our concern is that when we start letting our users (up to 200 simultaneous)
hit the database, we won't be able to keep up with ingesting and serving
data with the MyISAM locking scheme.

We have tested Oracle and PostgreSQL which fell behind on the ingest.  The
current production system uses regular ISAM files, but we need to make a
certification which requires a relational database.  Also, the current
production system doesn't have the feature list the new system has.

Is there a better database solution or do you think MySQL can handle it?
If MySQL can handle it, would we be better off using InnoDB or MyISAM
tables?

Thanks,
Brad
Thread
Real-time data warehousingBrad Teale17 May
  • Re: Real-time data warehousingGelu Gogancea17 May
  • Re: Real-time data warehousingwalt17 May
  • Re: Real-time data warehousingDan Nelson17 May
RE: Real-time data warehousingBrad Teale17 May