List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:May 15 2002 8:01pm
Subject:Re: Column Header/ Column Description
View as plain text
At 11:48 -0700 5/15/02, mike markovich wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>What is the convention for documenting the contents/purpose of a
>column in MySql?

There is none.

>   Most databases I have worked with had a way where text could be
>entered for each column that described the purpose and or contents
>of the column.   It seems to me that this is something that should
>happen at table creation time, but I've searched for a long time and
>haven't found anything.  A more general question might be how is
>meta data entered or stored for tables and columns in MySql?
>
>Can somebody point me in the right direction?
>
>Many Thanks,
>Mike

Thread
Column Header/ Column Descriptionmike markovich15 May
Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionPaul DuBois15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column Descriptionmike markovich15 May
  • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMark Matthews15 May
    • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionKeith C. Ivey15 May
      • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMark Matthews16 May
      • Alter tableMark16 May
        • Re: Alter tableBenjamin Pflugmann16 May
        • RE: Alter tableRoger Baklund16 May
      • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMikeParton16 May
      • Re: Alter tableMark16 May
        • Re: Alter tableBenjamin Pflugmann16 May
      • Re: Alter tableMark16 May
  • RE: Column Header/ Column DescriptionGurhan Ozen15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column DescriptionPaul DuBois15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column Descriptionmike markovich15 May
RE: Column Header/ Column DescriptionSteve Orr16 May
  • Re: Column Header/ Column DescriptionMark Matthews16 May