List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:March 28 1999 2:49pm
Subject:Re: Installing DBD::mysql
View as plain text
I have installed DBD:mysql on three computers: NT, Linux and Solaris 7,
Intel.  I have never had "make test" work properly but the mysql module has
worked flawlessly on all machines.  I would do "make install" and then set
up your own test database and perl script to test the mysql module.

>Hi,
>
>I'm having problems installing DBD::mysql.  I'm on a Linux machine and
>am using perl5.00401.  I installed the binary RPM containing include
>files and libraries for development for i386 machines of mysql, the Perl
>Data-Dumper, and DBI 1.06.  So far everything has been smooth
>(somewhat), and I am able to connect to the databases.  However, when I
>try to install the DBD::mysql, I get this error:
>
>Cannot connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server (2)
>        Either your server is not up and running or you have no
>        permissions for acessing the DSN DBI:mysql:database=test.
>        This test requires a running server and write permissions.
>        Please make sure your server is running and you have
>        permissions, then retry.
>
>This is after I run "shell>make test".
>
>I'm pretty sure that the database engine is up and running and that I
>have permission to write to the database.  I connected via: "shell>mysql
>-u user -ppassword test" and was able to get through.  I tried changing
>the $DBI_DSN environment variable to several of the options that was
>suggested in the INSTALL file.  I still can't install the DBD.  Would
>anyone know what I'm doing wrong.  Please HELP!
>
>Thanks very much in advance,
>
>Amie Phung

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
Installing DBD::mysqlAmie Phung28 Mar
  • Re: Installing DBD::mysqlChristopher R. Jones28 Mar
  • Re: Installing DBD::mysqlDavid Mifsud28 Mar