List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:May 9 2002 3:38pm
Subject:Re: Multiple tables in delete statement on Mysql 3
View as plain text
At 11:22 -0400 5/9/02, Augey Mikus wrote:
>>It's supported only in MySQL 4.
>>
>>http://www.mysql.com/doc/N/e/News-4.0.0.html
>>
>So whats the best way to go about this in MySQL 3?  Do I need to
>temporarily copy the contents of the table I don't want deleted to
>another table?
>Augey

That's one way.  Or you can write a program that select the values
from table two and loops through them to construct DELETE statements
that remove the appropriate records from table one.
Thread
Multiple tables in delete statement on Mysql 3Augey Mikus9 May
  • RE: Multiple tables in delete statement on Mysql 3Jay Blanchard9 May
    • Re: Multiple tables in delete statement on Mysql 3Augey Mikus9 May
      • RE: Multiple tables in delete statement on Mysql 3Jay Blanchard9 May
    • Re: Multiple tables in delete statement on Mysql 3Gelu Gogancea9 May
    • Re: Multiple tables in delete statement on Mysql 3Augey Mikus9 May
  • Re: Multiple tables in delete statement on Mysql 3Egor Egorov9 May
  • Re: Multiple tables in delete statement on Mysql 3Paul DuBois9 May
  • Re: Multiple tables in delete statement on Mysql 3Augey Mikus9 May
    • Re: Multiple tables in delete statement on Mysql 3Paul DuBois9 May
    • MySQL GROUP BY Anomaly?Jay Blanchard9 May
RE: MySQL GROUP BY Anomaly?Max Anderson9 May
  • RE: MySQL GROUP BY Anomaly?Jay Blanchard9 May
  • RE: MySQL GROUP BY Anomaly? SOLVEDJay Blanchard9 May
RE: MySQL GROUP BY Anomaly?Max Anderson9 May