List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 20 1999 5:05pm
Subject:Re: [RFE] SET OPTION PASSWORD was (MySQL ISP issues)
View as plain text
At 18:27, 19990820, Christian Mack wrote:
>What I think of is something like that:
>SET OPTION PASSWORD=... [NO_LOG] [NO_UPDATE_LOG]
>
>With that enhanced syntax, you could leave both "SET OPTION SQL_LOG..." commands
> untouched (= restricted to user with PROCESS priviledge).

I like it.  But I would also like the admin to be able to tell who
changed a password when from what IP.  Could the log file still record
the command, but XXXXXX the password string or something?

[ Note:  I don't need this feature.  If others don't think that this ]
[ is important, then I don't either.                                 ]

Tim
Thread
MySQL ISP issuesPaul DuBois14 Aug
  • Re: MySQL ISP issuesTonu Samuel15 Aug
  • Re: MySQL ISP issuesSasha Pachev15 Aug
    • Re: MySQL ISP issuesPaul DuBois15 Aug
  • [RFE] SET OPTION PASSWORD was (MySQL ISP issues)Christian Mack20 Aug
    • Re: [RFE] SET OPTION PASSWORD was (MySQL ISP issues)Thimble Smith20 Aug
      • Re: [RFE] SET OPTION PASSWORD was (MySQL ISP issues)Michael Widenius22 Aug
  • Re: [RFE] SET OPTION PASSWORD was (MySQL ISP issues)Christian Mack8 Sep
Re: MySQL ISP issuesChristopher R. Jones14 Aug
  • Re: MySQL ISP issuesPaul DuBois14 Aug