List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:March 28 1999 2:10pm
Subject:Re: Adding Users & Granting Priviledges
View as plain text
>I need to create a general user that is able to access various databases
>that I create. They will get accessed from the machine and   via the web
>through various CGI scripts (PHP, PERL, C, etc.) I also want to use this
>account to play around (create, edit, delete, access different databases)
>and try to learn mysql.
>
>I do not know how to set this up.
>With a password?
>What permissions should be granted?
>
>I want to keep it secure but also be able to connect to databases with
>ease.
>
>Any guidance is appreciated!

The guidance you need is all found in section 6 of the manual.  Security is
far too complex an issue to give generic answers to generic questions on a
mailing list, and if you're having people access your data via an outside
mechanism such as the web, you need to be very careful how you set it up,
therefore the reference to the manual, especially sections 6.10-6.14.

Thread
Adding Users & Granting PriviledgesLDJ28 Mar
Re: Adding Users & Granting PriviledgesEd Carp28 Mar