List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Charlie Thunderberg Date:May 8 2002 10:16am
Subject:UDF capabilities
View as plain text
Hi all,

I would like to write a UDF that inserts rows into a local table accessable
by the caller of the UDF. This code basically would solve my problem of
recursive graph navigation (in a twisted way).

Since my code is being run as part of the server and is being called by a
user having a proper connection, would I still need to open a new connection
to the local database after finding some username and password from
somewhere (using the API mysql_init(...), mysql_connect(...),
mysql_query(...), etc) , or do you know a more rational way of retrieving
and using the already open connection made by the caller of my UDF?

Thank you for all replies!

UDF capabilitiesCharlie Thunderberg8 May