List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:March 28 1999 2:06pm
Subject:Re: Y2K-Compatibility of mySQL
View as plain text
>I heard that my mySQL is not perfectly y2k-compatible.
>Does anybody know, if patches are available?

Must be one of MySQL's competitors ;)  According to the manual (section 1.6,
and I really wish people would READ THE MANUAL BEFORE POSTING):

MySQL itself has no problems with Year 2000 (Y2K) compliance:

MySQL uses Unix time functions and has no problems with dates until 2069;
all 2-digit years are regarded to be in the range 1970 to 2069, which means
that if you store 01 in a year column, MySQL treats it as 2001.
All MySQL date functions are stored in one file `sql/time.cc' and coded very
carefully to be year 2000-safe.
In MySQL 3.22 and later versions, the new YEAR column type can store years 0
and 1901 to 2155 in 1 byte and display them using 2 or 4 digits.

Thread
Y2K-Compatibility of mySQLThorsten Weigl28 Mar
  • Re: Y2K-Compatibility of mySQLMicheal Mc Evoy28 Mar
  • Re: Y2K-Compatibility of mySQLPaul DuBois28 Mar
Re: Y2K-Compatibility of mySQLEd Carp28 Mar