List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Matthews Date:May 7 2002 6:46pm
Subject:Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?

From: "Gelu" <ggelu@stripped>
To: <christopher@stripped>; "'Ryan Hatch'" <rhatch@stripped>;
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 12:45 PM

<plusplus@stripped>
> Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 8:31 PM
> Subject: RE: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?
>

> > This question is purely academic, surely you need to investigate what
> > the system is required to do in terms of processing (Batch/Transaction,
> > GUI Front-end etc.) and then base your decision against the language
> > which would suit the type of processing required.  Perhaps you will need
> > to use a bit of both.  Gelu, it would appear, is giving you his
> > preferred language and that may not suit the needs of your application.
> >

> > Go and look at Mark Matthews JDBC drivers for Java, and perform some
> > speed tests on the platforms you are likely to use in both development
> > and a release situation.  Perform a comparable test using ODBC, and see
> > which suits you better.
> >
> > A good system is written in the spec, not the code, so you're right not
> > to rush in head long.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Christopher Marsh-Bourdon

select largestlorin29 Mar
  • RE: select largestStefan Paletta29 Mar
    • Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Joel Rees8 May
  • Re: select largestjkraai29 Mar
    • Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Gelu7 May
    • Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Mark Matthews7 May
    • Encrypted Way to connect to MysqlMarcel7 May
      • Re: Encrypted Way to connect to MysqlIgor Brynskich7 May
      • RE: Encrypted Way to connect to MysqlCal Evans8 May
  • Re: select largestSteve Edberg29 Mar
  • Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Gelu7 May
  • Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Mark Matthews7 May
  • Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Gabriele Bartolini7 May
Re: select largestSteve Edberg29 Mar
RE: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Paul Le7 May
Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?rup@bigpond.net.au8 May
Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Gelu8 May
Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Alec.Cawley8 May
Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Mark Matthews8 May
Re: INDEXing on MERGED TABLESCharlie Thunderberg8 May
  • RE: INDEXing on MERGED TABLESJay Blanchard8 May
Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Gelu8 May
Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Frank Morton8 May