List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gabriele Bartolini Date:May 7 2002 5:58pm
Subject:Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?
View as plain text
>I'm about to start heavy development of an application with MySQL at the
>backend.  However, I need some help
>deciding on what language to approach the project from.

Depends what kind of application you are going to develop.

I used C++ with MySQL API in order to write ht://Check and ... I find it
really fast! I had to play with indexes for a while in order to tune
performances to the best, but I am really satisfied by it.

I didn't need any GUI at all for instance, and didn't need it to be
*portable* (I was happy with it to run on almost any Linux), just *fast*.

However, if you need to do a Web application, probably Java Servlet or JSP
with JDBC are good.

Ciao and good luck
-Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini - Web Programmer
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy
 > find bin/laden -name osama -exec rm {} \;
-
Important:
--------------
I've experienced problems when receiving e-mail sent to the
address: angusgb@stripped. I think I lost much of it.
So if you sent me a message, and I never replied to you,
that's probably the reason. Please update your address book to
this one: angusgb@stripped. Sorry and thank you!

Thread
select largestlorin29 Mar
  • RE: select largestStefan Paletta29 Mar
    • Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Joel Rees8 May
  • Re: select largestjkraai29 Mar
    • Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Gelu7 May
    • Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Mark Matthews7 May
    • Encrypted Way to connect to MysqlMarcel7 May
      • Re: Encrypted Way to connect to MysqlIgor Brynskich7 May
      • RE: Encrypted Way to connect to MysqlCal Evans8 May
  • Re: select largestSteve Edberg29 Mar
  • Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Gelu7 May
  • Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Mark Matthews7 May
  • Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Gabriele Bartolini7 May
Re: select largestSteve Edberg29 Mar
RE: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Paul Le7 May
Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?rup@bigpond.net.au8 May
Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Gelu8 May
Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Alec.Cawley8 May
Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Mark Matthews8 May
Re: INDEXing on MERGED TABLESCharlie Thunderberg8 May
  • RE: INDEXing on MERGED TABLESJay Blanchard8 May
Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Gelu8 May
Re: Help! Deciding on Java/C++ ?Frank Morton8 May