List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Micheal Mc Evoy Date:March 28 1999 1:26pm
Subject:Re: Y2K-Compatibility of mySQL
View as plain text
On Sat, 27 Mar 1999, Thorsten Weigl wrote:

>Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 13:33:50 +0100
>From: Thorsten Weigl <info@stripped>
>To: mysql@stripped
>Subject: Y2K-Compatibility of mySQL
>
>Hi,
>
>I heard that my mySQL is not perfectly y2k-compatible.
>Does anybody know, if patches are available?
>
>Thank you very much
>
>Magnum

I've not heard anything like that.
In my experience, the date fields are Y2K compliant, and they process
dates beyond 1999-12-31 without a problem.
MySQL doesnot enforce good programming technics, so I am sure that you are
able to make applications that use MySQL be non-Y2K compliant.

Micheal

---
Micheal Mc Evoy                                    mjmc@stripped
                                             http://www.whitepine.com

WhitePine Consulting supports the Free Software Foundation and it ideals
by promoting, using and supporting Open Source, GNU and GPL'd Software.

Thread
Y2K-Compatibility of mySQLThorsten Weigl28 Mar
  • Re: Y2K-Compatibility of mySQLMicheal Mc Evoy28 Mar
  • Re: Y2K-Compatibility of mySQLPaul DuBois28 Mar
Re: Y2K-Compatibility of mySQLEd Carp28 Mar