List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 19 1999 4:29pm
Subject:Re: MySQL under Linux on Sparc
View as plain text
At 11:24, 19990819, Deniz Demir wrote:
>mysql_install_db.sh script is aviliable in scripts directory instead of
>it and it is not an executable file.
>
>Is there any way to make or get mysql_install_db

It sounds like you configured with the option --without-server.  If you
did that, then you can't run the server (because you didn't make it).
So just run the 'mysql' program and specify a host that you want to
connect with.

If you want the server, then run configure again without that option,
and you should have a mysql_install_db that is functional.  The one that
ends in .sh is a template for the real one, and the real one only gets
created if you make the server.

Tim

Thread
MySQL under Linux on SparcDeniz Demir19 Aug
  • Re: MySQL under Linux on SparcThimble Smith19 Aug
Re: MySQL under Linux on SparcThimble Smith19 Aug