List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Huxtable Date:April 25 2002 7:47am
Subject:Re: Pre-release of MySQL 3.23.50
View as plain text
please amend my e-mail address to:

david.hrh@stripped

thank-you

>From: Michael Widenius <monty@stripped>
>To: announce@stripped, mysql@stripped
>Subject: Pre-release of MySQL 3.23.50
>Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:26:04 +0300
>

>Hi!
>
>3.23.50 is basicly just a bug fix release compare do 3.23.49a
>
>There is however two things one should be aware of regarding 3.23.50
>(both only affecting our Linux x86 binaries (normal and RPM's):
>
>- We have switched to a new updated glib library, because we found a
>   critical memory corruption bug (introduced by us) in the old glibc
>   library that we used to compile 3.23.49.
>   (older MySQL binaries are not affected by this problem)
>- We have changed compiler to gcc 3.0.4 (because the old gcc compiler
>   we used couldn't compile with an alternative glibc library).
>

>As 3.23 is a stable release version, we don't want to release 3.23.50
>to the general public right away, as we want to be sure that the new
>gcc version works in practice as good as it has worked on our
>internal machines.
>
>You can now find 3.23.50 at the following link:
>
>http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.23-pre.html
>
>If we don't get any fatal bug reports by the end of the week for this
>version, we will then move it to our standard download page.
>
>If you find anything wrong/strange with this release compared to
>older 3.23 releases, please send a full bug report to
>bugs@stripped and we will fix it ASAP!
>
>Changes in release 3.23.50
>--------------------------
>
>    * Fixed problem with `crash-me' and gcc 3.0.4.
>
>    * Fixed that `@@unknown_variable' doesn't hang server.
>
>    * Added `@@VERSION' as a synonym for `VERSION()'.
>
>    * `SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'xxx'' is now case insensitive.
>
>    * Fixed timeout for `GET_LOCK()' on HPUX with DCE threads.
>
>    * Fixed memory allocation bug in the glibc library used to build
>      Linux binaries, which caused mysqld to die in 'free()'.
>
>    * Fixed `SIGINT' and `SIGQUIT' problems in `mysql'.
>
>    * Fixed bug in character table converts when used with big ( > 64K)
>      strings.
>
>    * `InnoDB' now retains foreign key constraints through `ALTER TABLE'
>      and `CREATE/DROP INDEX'.
>
>    * `InnoDB' now allows foreign key constraints to be added through the
>      `ALTER TABLE' syntax.
>
>    * `InnoDB' tables can now be set to automatically grow in size
>      (autoextend).
>    * Fixed some buffer overflow problems when reading startup
>      parameters.
>
>    * Because of problems on shutdown we have now disabled named pipes on
>      windows by default.  One can enable named pipes by starting mysqld
>      with `--enable-named-pipe'.
>
>    * Fixed bug when using `WHERE key_column = 'J' or key_column='j''.
>
>    * Fixed core-dump bug when using `--log-bin' with `LOAD DATA INFILE'
>      without an active database.
>
>    * Fixed bug in `RENAME TABLE' when used with
>      `lower_case_table_names=1' (default on Windows).
>
>    * Fixed unlikely core-dump bug when using `DROP TABLE' on a table
> [...]

connecting with myodbcMir S Islam13 Mar
  • connecting with myodbcsinisa14 Mar
  • Re: Pre-release of MySQL 3.23.50Philip Molter23 Apr
    • Re: Pre-release of MySQL 3.23.50(Trond Eivind Glomsrød)23 Apr
  • Re: Pre-release of MySQL 3.23.50Unknown Sender23 Apr
    • Re: Pre-release of MySQL 3.23.50Michael Widenius15 May
        • Re: Loading massive data set from CSVEberhard Lisse22 May
        • Re: Loading massive data set from CSVGavin Brown22 May
  • Download of sourceLuciano Barcaro29 Apr
    • Re: Download of sourcePaul DuBois29 Apr
  • Re: Download of sourceLuciano Barcaro29 Apr
Re: Pre-release of MySQL 3.23.50David Huxtable25 Apr