List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomohiro TAKAHASHI Date:April 23 2002 2:29pm
Subject:Re: MySQL with Delphi 5.0
View as plain text
  Hi, Haroldo

  Is it first time to develop Database Application with Delphi?
  Do you know how to use DataAccess Component(e.g., TDatabase) and
BDE(or BDE Administrator)?

  I suggest to use Delphi6 Pro/Ent. It contains dbExpress Component which
help you to develop Database Application very easily.
  (Note: dbExpress is able to connect to MySQL server directly,
using Native Driver without ODBC Driver)

Thanks.

--
Borland Japan / Consulting Group
TAKAHASHI, "KEN", Tomohiro

> I've installed MyODBC and then I've set up ODBC and I saw the driver for
> MySQL DB, when I try to create a new alias wiht MySQL it does not apear to
> select the DB, acording a book wich is guiding it should has to appear.
>
> Can anybody help to set up the ALIAS with MySQL
>
> Thanks
Thread
MySQL with Delphi 5.0Jos Haroldo Filho23 Apr
  • Re: MySQL with Delphi 5.0Tomohiro TAKAHASHI23 Apr
    • Re: MySQL with Delphi 5.0massey23 Apr
    • Re: MySQL with Delphi 5.0Alexander Burbello23 Apr
      • Re: MySQL with Delphi 5.0Alexander Burbello23 Apr
        • Re: MySQL with Delphi 5.0Tomohiro TAKAHASHI24 Apr
  • RE: MySQL with Delphi 5.0mysql@scibit.com24 Apr