List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:LDJ Date:March 27 1999 5:12pm
Subject:Adding Users & Granting Priviledges
View as plain text
I need to create a general user that is able to access various databases
that I create. They will get accessed from the machine and   via the web
through various CGI scripts (PHP, PERL, C, etc.) I also want to use this
account to play around (create, edit, delete, access different databases)
and try to learn mysql.

I do not know how to set this up.
With a password?
What permissions should be granted?

I want to keep it secure but also be able to connect to databases with
ease.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Adding Users & Granting PriviledgesLDJ28 Mar
Re: Adding Users & Granting PriviledgesEd Carp28 Mar