List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 20 2002 10:12pm
Subject:Re: Re: problem with load data local infile
View as plain text
At 6:34 -0500 4/20/02, Darren Vollmer wrote:
>The file is in a world readable directory tree.
>
>Shouldn't the LOCAL qualifier make mysql read the file from the client
>running and not the host?
>
>I tried to LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE on using the name (and no path) of a mysql
>FRM file that is in the databases directory on the Mysql host.  The server
>found the file even though I specified local.  Don't know if that means
>anything or not, or if that  is normal mysql behavior.
>
>exp;
>load data local infile 'table.frm' replace into table testtable
>
>Shouldn't mysql be looking for table.frm on my client machine and not the
>server?

LOCAL requires only that you be able to read the file.

With the LOCAL keyword, the program on the client machine reads the file
and sends it to the server to be inserted into the table.  The MySQL server
takes those records, and it's what accesses the table.frm file.

How could the client access table.frm?  That file isn't even on the client
host necessarily.

Something that might account for the difficulty, if you've upgraded MySQL
recently:
A change was made in MySQL 3.23.49 that causes LOCAL to be disabled (by
default?).  You may be able to re-enable it by invoking mysql with the
--local-infile option.  Try mysql --help to see if that option is listed
in the help message.

By the way, what was the error message you got?

Thread
problem with load data local infileDarren Vollmer19 Apr
  • Re: problem with load data local infileVictoria Reznichenko20 Apr
  • Re: problem with load data local infileDarren Vollmer20 Apr
  • Re: Re: problem with load data local infileDarren Vollmer20 Apr
    • Re: Re: problem with load data local infilePaul DuBois21 Apr
  • Re: Re: problem with load data local infileDarren Vollmer21 Apr
    • Re: Re: problem with load data local infilePaul DuBois21 Apr