List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 19 1999 7:40am
Subject:Re: statement can't work
View as plain text
At 00:32, 19990819, sungeiway wrote:
>The below script work well when i execute it.
>But it won't work when i change the statement from
>$statement='select * from table';
>to   $statement='select * from table where (id='12345') and
>(email='email@stripped')';
>Does anybody know the reason??Please give me any suggestion to overcome
>it.Thanks.

You really should give us the exact error.  "It won't work" could
mean a lot of things!

I think the problem is your quotes.  Try this instead:

    $statement = "select * from table where (id='12345') and " .
                 "(email='email@stripped')";

If that works, then you should study how to quote things in Perl.

Tim
Thread
statement can't worksungeiway19 Aug
  • Re: statement can't workThimble Smith19 Aug
  • Re: statement can't workRonald Beck19 Aug