List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 19 1999 7:35am
Subject:Re: MySQL under Linux on Sparc
View as plain text
At 09:29, 19990819, Deniz Demir wrote:
>I have compiled the source of MySQL by following command:
>
>configure
>make
>make check
>make install
>make clean
>
>Everything looks good so far but what shall I do after that?

You shall run the mysql_install_db script, which initializes the
privilege tables.

You shall put a copy of mysql.server into /etc/init.d and link to
it from /etc/rc.d/??? (I don't have Linux, but link to it from the
normal spot for startup scripts).

You shall try running the script by hand, to get the db running:

# sh /etc/init.d/mysql.server start

You shall test out mysql:

$ mysql -uroot test
mysql> select version(), user(), database();
[...]
mysql> quit

You shall change the root password:

$ mysqladmin -u root password 'Pa$sw0Rd'

You shall read through the manual thoroughly.  You shall try out the
tutorial in chapter 8.  You shall start coding your own projects in
no time at all.

Tim
Thread
MySQL under Linux on SparcDeniz Demir19 Aug
  • Re: MySQL under Linux on SparcThimble Smith19 Aug
Re: MySQL under Linux on SparcThimble Smith19 Aug