List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 18 2002 1:51am
Subject:Re: conn.setAutoCommit(false) can't work
View as plain text
At 21:18 -0400 4/17/02, bin cai wrote:
>Hi,
>currently i got a problem which i am afraid to ask
>your help.
>
>I am using javaservlet and mysql 3.23.49 with innoDB
>table type . the code conn.setAutoCommit(false)
>doesn't work giving me error message("can't disable
>auto_commit");
>I am stuck here. anyone can give me some hint i will
>really appreciated
>bin

Check to make sure your table type is *really* InnoDB.
MySQL doesn't necessarily have the transactional table handlers
enabled (for example, if it's not a MySQL-Max binary distribution,
or if you compiled it from source but didn't specify --with-innodb).
In such cases, you can specify TYPE=InnoDB in the CREATE TABLE
statement, but MySQL will silently create the table as MyISAM.

Use SHOW CREATE TABLE tbl_name to see what its type is.

Thread
conn.setAutoCommit(false) can't workbin cai18 Apr
  • Re: conn.setAutoCommit(false) can't workPaul DuBois18 Apr