List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tin Le Date:March 27 1999 7:50am
> > I don't know, where your problem lies. I have set the rules as:
> >  if "to" is "mysql@stripped" or
> >  if "CC" is "mysql@stripped" move to ...
> >
> > It works just fine for all MySQL list posts.
>
> That's a very good way to do it. Delivered-To works as well, although
> there can be more than one delivered-to header.
>
> The digest always has "To: mysql-digest@stripped".
>
> Other comment in this thread:
>
> A moderated news group is _way_ too slow for support, but good for
> discussions like the imporance of Heine to society, i.e. where depth and
> completeness is more imporant that time and where there isn't a correct
> answer.

I've setup a mail-to-news gateway for the various PHP3.* mailing lists.  At
first it was for my own use, but as a few friends mentioned how useful it
was for them, I posted an announcement about it on the PHP3 groups and
people there like it.

I am now announcing a similar service for the MySQL lists.  This is a one
way only mail-to-news gateway.  The newsgroups are _LOCAL_ on my news
server only and do not propagate anywhere on the net.  It is a good way to
keep up with the lists without having your mail box overflowed.  You also
get various features such as threaded messages, etc. that comes with modern
newsreaders.  You can NOT post to these groups, however, you can reply to
the author of each individual message, and of course you can also send to
the mysql lists.  With the PHP3 lists, only members can post to it.  I
assumed (I hope!) that the same applies to MySQL lists.  That helps keep
spams down.

My news server is available at

Tin Le

----
Net Images - Premier Web Presence Provider   http://www.netimages.com/~tin
Internet Security and Firewall Consulting
Tin Le - tin@stripped

Thread
Why Mailing list?Faisal Nasim19 Mar
Re: Why Mailing list?Fred Lindberg19 Mar
  • Re: Why Mailing list?Paul DuBois19 Mar
RE: Why Mailing list?Brad Stec19 Mar
  • RE: Why Mailing list?Christopher R. Jones20 Mar
    • Re: Why Mailing list?Niels Pollem20 Mar
Re: Why Mailing list?Graeme B. Davis19 Mar
RE: Why Mailing list?Greg Kelley19 Mar
  • RE: Why Mailing list?Isabelle Poueriet19 Mar
Re: Why Mailing list?Brian J. Ackermann19 Mar
  • Re: Why Mailing list?David Bruha20 Mar
    • Re: Why Mailing list?Frederik Lindberg21 Mar
      • Re: Why Mailing list?Tin Le28 Mar
Re: Why Mailing list?Faisal Nasim20 Mar