List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 18 1999 7:02pm
Subject:Re: DUMB Newbie question... CREATE DATABASE ... probably permissions.
View as plain text
At 14:59, 19990818, John Walker wrote:
>I think I've done something foolish, but have no idea what it is... any
>suggestions for what to look at beyond this would be helpful. Also where
>is a reference for what error X is?.

What Unix user is mysqld running as?  Does that user have write privs
to the data_dir directory?

You can use the 'perror' command to check an error message:

$ perror 13
Permission denied

Tim
Thread
DUMB Newbie question... CREATE DATABASE ... probably permissions.John Walker18 Aug
  • Re: DUMB Newbie question... CREATE DATABASE ... probably permissions.Thimble Smith18 Aug