List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Russell E Glaue Date:April 12 2002 5:17pm
Subject:Re: Load Blancing Mysql Max Db Server Between 2 Servers
View as plain text
Well LVS is good for any application including read-write loadbalancing.
But to do this for MySQL, you'll have to have master-master replication
set up.
master-master replication in MySQL is still yet to be perfected.

It is not usually the best idea to operate any databases on an NFS drive.
This is even true for Oracle and MS SQL which both don't support that
type of application.
-RG

On 12 Apr 2002, Jason Yates wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 11:47, Russell E Glaue wrote:
> >
> > If your database is read-only, you can use Linux Virtual Server to load
> > balance traffic to MySQL servers.
> > -RG
> >

> LVS as you said it is only good for read-only.  Are there any solutions
> for non read-only load balancing, using replication maybe or nfs?
>
> Anyone have a solution? I'm really interested in this subject.
>
> -Jason

Thread
Load Blancing Mysql Max Db Server Between 2 ServersFrankie Gravato12 Apr
  • Re: Load Blancing Mysql Max Db Server Between 2 ServersRussell E Glaue12 Apr
    • Re: Load Blancing Mysql Max Db Server Between 2 ServersJason Yates12 Apr
      • Re: Load Blancing Mysql Max Db Server Between 2 ServersRussell E Glaue12 Apr
    • Re: Load Blancing Mysql Max Db Server Between 2 ServersFrankie Gravato12 Apr