List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 18 1999 6:07pm
Subject:Re: fetchall_arrayref
View as plain text
At 11:35, 19990818, Dan Ray wrote:
> Any opinons on whether it's more efficient to fetch rows all-at-once
>or one-at-a-time? SHOULD I be using fetchall? Certainly it's trickier
>to pull data out of the structure it returns. Given Perl's overhead
>related to dereferencing nested references, is it better to use the
>fetchrow_* methods? Anyone have an opinion about it?

I often use fetchall_arrayref because I think the it's simpler to work
with the data...but that's me being weird.  I think that if you can
use the data one row at a time (i.e., you don't ever need to go back
and look at a previous row), then it's better to use fetchrow_*.  If
you need all the data anyway, go ahead and use fetchall_*.

Tim
Thread
fetchall_arrayrefFRed18 Aug
  • RE: fetchall_arrayrefDan Ray18 Aug
    • RE: fetchall_arrayrefPaul DuBois18 Aug
      • RE: fetchall_arrayrefDan Ray18 Aug
        • Re: fetchall_arrayrefThimble Smith18 Aug
          • Re: fetchall_arrayrefPaul DuBois18 Aug
            • Re: fetchall_arrayrefThimble Smith18 Aug
              • Re: fetchall_arrayrefPaul DuBois18 Aug
      • Re: fetchall_arrayrefScott Hess18 Aug
  • Re: fetchall_arrayreffelix k sheng18 Aug
RE: fetchall_arrayrefDarren L Sweeney18 Aug
Re: fetchall_arrayrefPaul DuBois18 Aug