List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:March 27 1999 10:21am
Subject:Re: Length of Database name field inconsistent
View as plain text
>BUT...  The mysql database itself didn't get changed.  The database name
>field is still 32 characters, not 64.  Do I need to uninstall MySQL and
then
>reinstall it to really upgrade?  If so, what is the easiest way to preserve
>the users/hosts/databases in the mysql tables?  Should I just alter the
>tables manually?  Or are there other field definitions that have changed
>too?

Isn't there a post-install script that gets run to upgrade the tables that
gets run when you do a make install?  You also might want to kill and
restart mysql to see if that fixes it.

Thread
Length of Database name field inconsistentTauren Mills20 Mar
  • Re: Length of Database name field inconsistentPaul DuBois20 Mar
    • RE: Length of Database name field inconsistentTauren Mills20 Mar
      • RE: Length of Database name field inconsistentPaul DuBois20 Mar
        • RE: Length of Database name field inconsistentTauren Mills20 Mar
RE: Length of Database name field inconsistentTauren Mills26 Mar
  • RE: Length of Database name field inconsistentMichael Widenius28 Mar
Re: Length of Database name field inconsistentEd Carp28 Mar