List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 11 2002 9:47pm
Subject:Re: Access Denied
View as plain text
>Hello, All:
>
>Once I complete the installation, I try to set up password for root user:
>
>/usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root -p password 'mypassword'
>
>It did prompt me for new password, I reentered.

The prompt is for your *current* root password.  If you don't have
one yet, just hit return.

>   But I got error back:
>Connect to server at 'localhost' failed.
>Error: Access denied for user root@localhost (using password: yes).
>
>How can I fix this problem?   Thanks in advance for help.
>

>Jane Tsai
>jane@stripped

Thread
Access DeniedJane Tsai11 Apr
  • Re: Access DeniedSteven Hajducko11 Apr
  • Re: Access DeniedPaul DuBois12 Apr
  • Re: Access DeniedJane Tsai12 Apr
    • RE: Access DeniedBJ Phillips12 Apr
      • Re: Access DeniedJane Tsai12 Apr