List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 8 2002 1:31am
Subject:Re: Converting table types
View as plain text
At 20:23 -0400 4/7/02, Carl Schmidt wrote:
>I don't believe my web host has either InnoDB or BDB installed on their
>system so I ran some tests here:
>
>mysql> alter table Development_EventType TYPE=INNODB;
>Query OK, 3 rows affected (0.00 sec)
>Records: 3  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0
>

>That's the result I get, but when I do a table dump, the type is still
>showing MyISAM.
>
>1.  Is my syntax correct on this?

Yes, but MySQL won't complain if you alter a table to a type that isn't
available.

>2.  Is there a way to list table types installed in a system?  I do have
>php installed , there, if that helps.

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'have\_%' will show many of them.  MyISAM doesn't
show up in the list; it's always available, from MySQL 3.23 on.

>Carl

Thread
Converting table typesCarl Schmidt8 Apr
Re: Converting table typesPaul DuBois8 Apr
  • Re: Converting table typesCarl Schmidt8 Apr