List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Ramsch Date:August 18 1999 8:42am
Subject:Re: How to connect to a FoxPro DB
View as plain text
On Tue, 1999-08-18 09:20:42 +0200, Jürgen Hoffmann wrote:
> I want to install a table in MySQL which holds the Data of a FoxPro
> DB Table via ODBC. Is that possible??

As far as I know: no, it's not possible.
MySQL can't act as a client to other data sources, it just can serve
the data managed in it's own tables.

So I guess you have to actually import the data into MySQL.

In the end I think it will be much easier to administer a single
database (MySQL) instead of a bunch of legacy dbs, so this might
be the best way to go in the long run, anyway.

Regards,
  Martin
How to connect to a FoxPro DBJuergen Hoffmann18 Aug
  • Re: How to connect to a FoxPro DBJason Radford18 Aug
    • Re: How to connect to a FoxPro DBMartin Ramsch18 Aug
  • Re: How to connect to a FoxPro DBMartin Ramsch18 Aug
  • Re: How to connect to a FoxPro DBTonu Samuel18 Aug
    • Re: How to connect to a FoxPro DBJuergen Hoffmann18 Aug
  • Re: How to connect to a FoxPro DBVan18 Aug
  • Re: How to connect to a FoxPro DBVan18 Aug