List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:by way of JW <jw@centraltexasit.com> Date:April 4 2002 4:45pm
Subject:Re: Best hardware for a very large MySQL server? looking at x86
View as plain text
On Thursday 04 April 2002 09:48 am, you wrote:
> I think you'll find that the RISC systems have fewer processors and run at
> lower clockspeeds for the same total performance. 100k is a HUGE amount of
> money to drop on a system. You could get 2 full racks of high performance
> 1U systems, including everything, for less, but whatever!

^^^^ did you mean to say "You could get 2 full racks of high performance
1U x86 systems" ? Or are you saying I should get several smaller systems
either way?

Thanks.

--------
sql query
Thread
Best hardware for a very large MySQL server? looking at x86JW4 Apr
  • Re: Best hardware for a very large MySQL server? looking at x86Tod Harter4 Apr
Re: Best hardware for a very large MySQL server? looking at x86JW4 Apr
  • Re: Best hardware for a very large MySQL server? looking at x86Dan Nelson4 Apr
    • More then 2-way SMP, process threading & Sun Fire v880: Re: Best hardware for a very large MySQL server? looking at x86JW4 Apr
      • Re: More then 2-way SMP, process threading & Sun Fire v880: Re: Best hardware for a very large MySQL server? looking at x86Dan Nelson4 Apr