List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 3 2002 5:06pm
Subject:Re: copying field x to field y for each record in table
View as plain text
At 10:10 -0600 4/3/02, Chuck Barnett wrote:
>Hi, how do I do the following:
>
>I have a table I have added a new field to, I want to take field X and copy
>it to the new field for each record.  What should this query look like?
>
>Thanks,
>Chuck

UPDATE tbl_name SET y = x;
Thread
copying field x to field y for each record in tableChuck Barnett3 Apr
  • Re: copying field x to field y for each record in tablePaul DuBois3 Apr
  • Re: copying field x to field y for each record in tableGeorg Richter3 Apr
  • Re: copying field x to field y for each record in tableVictoria Reznichenko3 Apr
  • Re: copying field x to field y for each record in tableJoseph Jude3 Apr
RE: copying field x to field y for each record in tableRick Emery3 Apr
  • Re: copying field x to field y for each record in tableChristopher Thompson3 Apr