List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:March 26 1999 5:23pm
Subject:Re: Limiting the number of children
View as plain text
Christopher Gray wrote:

> Is there a way to limit the number of children that mysqld spawns?  Every once in a
> while, I'll see child processes (up to 10, in one case) when I know that the mysql
> server is not being used.
>
> Are the child processes supposed to die off after a while, or is there a way to
> limit
> the number of processes that are spawned?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Hi Chris

The 'processes' you see are actually threads. There is only one process running.
The number of threads is proportional to the simultanious connected clients.
The limit is set via MAX_CONNECTIONS.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Limiting the number of childrenChristopher Gray26 Mar
  • Re: Limiting the number of childrenChristian Mack27 Mar
  • Limiting the number of childrenMichael Widenius28 Mar