List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:August 17 1999 6:54pm
Subject:Re: ERROR 1117: TOO MANY COLUMNS
View as plain text
tianxuedong@stripped wrote:

> Chris:
>
>     Thanks a lot. I will break my table into two.
>     I am looking for the command to select columns from
> different database tables into another database table.
> However, I could not find one. The way I am doing is
> use "select .. into outfile..." and then "create.."
> and "load data infile..". However, This step takes about
> 5 days!! My final table will be 9200 records and 2500
> columns(as I said, but I will break it into two).
> I guess there must be more efficient way to do it which I
> donot know

Try something like this:
INSERT INTO
	databaseB.thirdTable
	(fieldA, fieldB, fieldC, fieldD)
SELECT
	a.fieldOne
	, a.fieldTwo
	, b.field1
	, b.field2
FROM
	databaseA.firstTable AS a
	JOIN databaseA.secondTable AS b
WHERE
	a.ID = b.ID
;

If this takes a very long time, you should use "LIMIT start, amount" to only copy a little
portion of the whole data at a time, and let other queries run in between the portions.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
ERROR 1117: TOO MANY COLUMNStianxuedong13 Aug
  • Re: ERROR 1117: TOO MANY COLUMNSMartin Ramsch13 Aug
  • Re: ERROR 1117: TOO MANY COLUMNSChristian Mack13 Aug
Re: ERROR 1117: TOO MANY COLUMNStianxuedong13 Aug
  • Re: ERROR 1117: TOO MANY COLUMNSSteve Ruby13 Aug
  • Re: ERROR 1117: TOO MANY COLUMNSChristian Mack17 Aug