List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Trown Date:August 17 1999 5:15pm
Subject:Re: full quotes in replies (was: book)
View as plain text
On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 05:09:15PM +0200, Carsten H. Pedersen scribbled:

> In the early days of usenet, one newsreader (I can't remember which one)
> would actually prevent you from posting, if your message contained
> fewer lines of new text than quoted ones. Not a bad idea at all...
>
> Which would, of course, have prevented me from posting this message if
> I hadn't appended this paragraph ;-)

     That would be trn.  I always ended up tacking on a dozen or so <CR>s until
it was happy.

     While we are on the subject of mailing list protocol, PLEASE do NOT use
the reply function to start a new subject.  It completely throws off threaded
email readers.

     Thanks!

Chris...

--
What's the point?

An NT server can be run by an idiot, and usually is.
PGP fingerprint: 063FCE320681C336  78C164FC9B2F91EA
Thread
bookDerick H Siddoway16 Aug
  • Re: bookBlain Nelson16 Aug
  • Re: bookAllen Carpenter16 Aug
Re: bookPaul DuBois16 Aug
  • Re: bookRandy Jay Yarger16 Aug
Re: bookPaul Wagorn16 Aug
Re: bookDerick H Siddoway16 Aug
  • Re: bookRichard Reina16 Aug
    • full quotes in replies (was: book)Martin Ramsch16 Aug
  • Re: bookBob Worthy16 Aug
  • Re: full quotes in replies (was: book)Carsten H. Pedersen17 Aug
    • Re: full quotes in replies (was: book)Chris Trown17 Aug
Re: bookPaul DuBois16 Aug
  • Re: bookRandy Jay Yarger16 Aug
    • Re: booked16 Aug
      • Re: bookPaul DuBois16 Aug