List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David yahoo Date:March 29 2002 6:41pm
Subject:Re: mysql stripslash fonction ? to escape ' ""
View as plain text
I know that function in php, but I generate sql from a sql queries in order
to export some data
from on database to another.

I make something like that :

select concat('INSERT INTO links VALUES(NULL,"99","',link.about,'","',
from
links,

this queries gives me sql insert command.

but in some field eg : link.about there is " char but " is my string
delimiter, so in that particular case
where about field has " on it the string is prematurly terminated and gives
me wrong sql insert.
i d like to have a mysql function to escape char in field about so i can
make rigth insert in all case.

I d like to avoide addition scripting langage, sql is enough ?

Thanks.