List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 26 1999 9:40pm
Subject:problem with mysql hanging
View as plain text
>>>>> "Wayne" == Wayne Cease <wayne@stripped> writes:

Wayne> I'm having a problem with mysql hanging on me.  It just started a day or
Wayne> two ago.  It's someone else's box, so I haven't been able to drag out of
Wayne> them what changes have been made.

Wayne> It was running 3.22.15-gamma.  So, thinking that might be the problem I
Wayne> installed 3.22.20a from source, compiled it on their box, for static
Wayne> linking only.  It's RedHat 5.2.

Wayne> Here's the output from a ps ax | grep mysql:

Wayne>   933  p0 S    0:00 sh ./safe_mysqld
Wayne>  1668  p0 S N  0:00 /usr/local/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr/local
Wayne> --datadir=/us
Wayne>  1670  p0 Z N  0:00 (mysqld <zombie>)
Wayne>  1671  p0 S N  0:00 /usr/local/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr/local
Wayne> --datadir=/us

Wayne> I can't kill 1670, but I can kill 1668 and and all of the threads (1668,
Wayne> 1670 and 1671) get restarted with new pids.  And things go fine until it
Wayne> happens again, which is _very_ often now.

Wayne> mysqadmin version reports:

Wayne> mysqladmin  Ver 7.8 Distrib 3.22.20a, for pc-linux-gnu on i686
Wayne> TCX Datakonsult AB, by Monty

Wayne> Server version          3.22.20a
Wayne> Protocol version        10
Wayne> Connection              Localhost via UNIX socket
Wayne> UNIX socket             /tmp/mysql.sock
Wayne> Uptime:                 4 sec

Wayne> Threads: 1  Questions: 1  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 6  Flush tables: 1
Wayne> Open tables: 2

Wayne> Any good suggestions on what to look for?  I am not use to mysql doing
Wayne> this, it is generally a very stable data base.  So, I'm not sure what is
Wayne> getting in it's way.

Please read the MySQL manual sections:

What to do if @strong{MySQL} keeps crashing
Debugging a @strong{MySQL} server

We have tried to document everything we can think of in the above
sections to help you quickly solve problems like above.

problem with mysql hangingWayne Cease26 Mar
  • problem with mysql hangingMichael Widenius26 Mar