List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 26 1999 9:40pm
Subject:problem with mysql hanging
View as plain text
>>>>> "Wayne" == Wayne Cease <wayne@stripped> writes:

Wayne> I'm having a problem with mysql hanging on me.  It just started a day or
Wayne> two ago.  It's someone else's box, so I haven't been able to drag out of
Wayne> them what changes have been made.

Wayne> It was running 3.22.15-gamma.  So, thinking that might be the problem I
Wayne> installed 3.22.20a from source, compiled it on their box, for static
Wayne> linking only.  It's RedHat 5.2.

Wayne> Here's the output from a ps ax | grep mysql:

Wayne>   933  p0 S    0:00 sh ./safe_mysqld
Wayne>  1668  p0 S N  0:00 /usr/local/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr/local
Wayne> --datadir=/us
Wayne>  1670  p0 Z N  0:00 (mysqld <zombie>)
Wayne>  1671  p0 S N  0:00 /usr/local/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr/local
Wayne> --datadir=/us

Wayne> I can't kill 1670, but I can kill 1668 and and all of the threads (1668,
Wayne> 1670 and 1671) get restarted with new pids.  And things go fine until it
Wayne> happens again, which is _very_ often now.

Wayne> mysqadmin version reports:

Wayne> mysqladmin  Ver 7.8 Distrib 3.22.20a, for pc-linux-gnu on i686
Wayne> TCX Datakonsult AB, by Monty

Wayne> Server version          3.22.20a
Wayne> Protocol version        10
Wayne> Connection              Localhost via UNIX socket
Wayne> UNIX socket             /tmp/mysql.sock
Wayne> Uptime:                 4 sec

Wayne> Threads: 1  Questions: 1  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 6  Flush tables: 1
Wayne> Open tables: 2

Wayne> Any good suggestions on what to look for?  I am not use to mysql doing
Wayne> this, it is generally a very stable data base.  So, I'm not sure what is
Wayne> getting in it's way.

Hi!

Please read the MySQL manual sections:

What to do if @strong{MySQL} keeps crashing
Debugging a @strong{MySQL} server

We have tried to document everything we can think of in the above
sections to help you quickly solve problems like above.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
problem with mysql hangingWayne Cease26 Mar
  • problem with mysql hangingMichael Widenius26 Mar