List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 27 2002 1:52am
Subject:Re: Number of connections to mysql server
View as plain text
At 22:45 -0300 3/26/02, Edilson Vasconcelos de Melo Junior wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a client BD application that access a remote MYSQL server and its job
>is 4-7hours long and it should be connected to the server all this time :(

Why is that a problem?

>My question is: how many simultaneous connections the mysql server can
>handle?

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'max\_connections';

>  And what does happen when this limit is overstepped?

The server will refuse connections if they're all used up.

>Thank u very much,
>Edilson.
>
>Edilson Vasconcelos de Melo Junior
>www.jrsoftwares.com.br - Portal JR
>dirso@stripped
>Fone: (+55)(19)3256-3577
>Cel : (+55)(19)9111-5873

Thread
Number of connections to mysql serverEdilson Vasconcelos de Melo Junior27 Mar
  • Re: Number of connections to mysql serverPaul DuBois27 Mar
  • Re: Number of connections to mysql serverDicky Wahyu Purnomo27 Mar