List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ron Jamison Date:March 26 2002 7:02am
Subject:RE: Impact of Free ORACLE
View as plain text
To answer your question I don't think the fabled price slash of Oracle
will have any impact on MySQL or its community.  Surely you can
understand that since this is a mailing list, any posts of such
titillating rumors will get a large response.

I'd also like to add that after having used MySQL for two years and
corresponding with the very helpful people behind MySQL AB, I'd be hard
pressed to find a better, more stable database with the wonderful
support that comes from the whole community.  Oracle will continue to be
slowly abandoned as the decision makers choose open source and low (no)
cost over proprietary and stupendous costs.  Larry has enough cash to
hold him over for the rest of his life, but even so I'm sure he could
get his hands in the mix with the soon to be developing third world
corporations who will need ways to manage their livestock.  I for one
will be glad to see those inflated price tags go.  THBBTHT!