List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Buehler Date:March 26 2002 4:20am
Subject:Re: Dropping tables
View as plain text
Thank you.  I am still not an expert yet at MySQL and/or PHP.  I learn
something new everyday.  At least this list doesn't knock people down for
asking questions that could be found by either a 1 minute or a 1 month
search on the web.  I will try this out in the morning.  I see no reason
why your suggestion would not work.  So I will thank you before I even try
it. :)

Thanks
Steve

At 09:58 PM 3/25/2002, you wrote:
>At 16:40 -0600 3/25/02, Steve Buehler wrote:
>>Is there anyway to drop a group of tables with a wildcard in MySql? I
>>have tried:
>>DROP TABLE IF EXISTS division1s*
>>and
>>DROP TABLE IF EXISTS division1s(*)
>>but neither one works.  I am hoping that there is a good useable answer
>>to this.
>
>The syntax described in the manual shows what what you want to do is not
>supported.  You can't do it directly in SQL.
>
>But depending on the context in which you're issuing the statement,
>you can achieve the objective by other means.  For example, if you're
>using some kind of API, you can use SHOW TABLES LIKE 'division1s%',
>then use the resulting list of tables to construct a DROP TABLES
>statement that drops the tables.
>

>>Thanks in advance
>>Steve Buehler

Thread
Dropping tablesSteve Buehler25 Mar
  • Impact of Free ORACLEMadProfessor25 Mar
    • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEDan Nelson25 Mar
    • RE: Impact of Free ORACLERichard Forgo25 Mar
      • RE: Impact of Free ORACLEMadProfessor26 Mar
        • RE: Impact of Free ORACLETim Buchalka26 Mar
        • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEMichael Bacarella26 Mar
        • RE: Impact of Free ORACLEFrancesca Shiekh26 Mar
          • RE: Impact of Free ORACLECharles McGrotty26 Mar
    • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEFrancesca Shiekh25 Mar
    • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEGabriel Ricard26 Mar
    • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEJerry Winegarden26 Mar
  • hierarchical struture into mysqlDavid yahoo26 Mar
    • RE: hierarchical struture into mysqlKevin Fries27 Mar
  • Re: Dropping tablesPaul DuBois26 Mar
    • Re: Dropping tablesSteve Buehler26 Mar
      • Re: Dropping tablesPaul DuBois26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLEAaron Rutledge25 Mar
  • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEjay downs26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLERBRoa26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLEJoe Hoffman26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLEjwubbel26 Mar
  • RE: Impact of Free ORACLEMadProfessor26 Mar
    • RE: Impact of Free ORACLERon Jamison26 Mar
  • RE: Impact of Free ORACLEFrancesca Shiekh26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLERobert Cross26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLEJonathan Hilgeman26 Mar