List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 26 2002 3:58am
Subject:Re: Dropping tables
View as plain text
At 16:40 -0600 3/25/02, Steve Buehler wrote:
>Is there anyway to drop a group of tables with a wildcard in MySql?
>I have tried:
>DROP TABLE IF EXISTS division1s*
>and
>DROP TABLE IF EXISTS division1s(*)
>but neither one works.  I am hoping that there is a good useable
>answer to this.

The syntax described in the manual shows what what you want to do is not
supported.  You can't do it directly in SQL.

But depending on the context in which you're issuing the statement,
you can achieve the objective by other means.  For example, if you're
using some kind of API, you can use SHOW TABLES LIKE 'division1s%',
then use the resulting list of tables to construct a DROP TABLES
statement that drops the tables.

>Thanks in advance
>Steve Buehler

Thread
Dropping tablesSteve Buehler25 Mar
  • Impact of Free ORACLEMadProfessor25 Mar
    • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEDan Nelson25 Mar
    • RE: Impact of Free ORACLERichard Forgo25 Mar
      • RE: Impact of Free ORACLEMadProfessor26 Mar
        • RE: Impact of Free ORACLETim Buchalka26 Mar
        • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEMichael Bacarella26 Mar
        • RE: Impact of Free ORACLEFrancesca Shiekh26 Mar
          • RE: Impact of Free ORACLECharles McGrotty26 Mar
    • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEFrancesca Shiekh25 Mar
    • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEGabriel Ricard26 Mar
    • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEJerry Winegarden26 Mar
  • hierarchical struture into mysqlDavid yahoo26 Mar
    • RE: hierarchical struture into mysqlKevin Fries27 Mar
  • Re: Dropping tablesPaul DuBois26 Mar
    • Re: Dropping tablesSteve Buehler26 Mar
      • Re: Dropping tablesPaul DuBois26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLEAaron Rutledge25 Mar
  • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEjay downs26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLERBRoa26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLEJoe Hoffman26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLEjwubbel26 Mar
  • RE: Impact of Free ORACLEMadProfessor26 Mar
    • RE: Impact of Free ORACLERon Jamison26 Mar
  • RE: Impact of Free ORACLEFrancesca Shiekh26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLERobert Cross26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLEJonathan Hilgeman26 Mar