List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joe Hoffman Date:March 26 2002 12:04am
Subject:RE: Impact of Free ORACLE
View as plain text
I tried to ignore this thread, but the temptation overwelmed me....

The assumption of 'Free' implies you give up nothing in return for what you
receive.   While one can certainly run Oracle products without putting out
cash (whether you possess a legal license is another issue for Lawyers),
what you give up causes the 'free' aspect to become questionable. First try
measuring the amount of 'free' disk space you have left.  Then try checking
the amount of 'free' memory you have left.    There's other non-free aspects
of Oracle, but I will not go on.

I think I'll go back to 'free'  (as in disk space) for now....

joe

Dropping tablesSteve Buehler25 Mar
  • Impact of Free ORACLEMadProfessor25 Mar
    • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEDan Nelson25 Mar
    • RE: Impact of Free ORACLERichard Forgo25 Mar
      • RE: Impact of Free ORACLEMadProfessor26 Mar
        • RE: Impact of Free ORACLETim Buchalka26 Mar
        • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEMichael Bacarella26 Mar
        • RE: Impact of Free ORACLEFrancesca Shiekh26 Mar
          • RE: Impact of Free ORACLECharles McGrotty26 Mar
    • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEFrancesca Shiekh25 Mar
    • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEGabriel Ricard26 Mar
    • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEJerry Winegarden26 Mar
  • hierarchical struture into mysqlDavid yahoo26 Mar
    • RE: hierarchical struture into mysqlKevin Fries27 Mar
  • Re: Dropping tablesPaul DuBois26 Mar
    • Re: Dropping tablesSteve Buehler26 Mar
      • Re: Dropping tablesPaul DuBois26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLEAaron Rutledge25 Mar
  • Re: Impact of Free ORACLEjay downs26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLERBRoa26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLEJoe Hoffman26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLEjwubbel26 Mar
  • RE: Impact of Free ORACLEMadProfessor26 Mar
    • RE: Impact of Free ORACLERon Jamison26 Mar
  • RE: Impact of Free ORACLEFrancesca Shiekh26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLERobert Cross26 Mar
RE: Impact of Free ORACLEJonathan Hilgeman26 Mar